Why we need your support
SabrinasReach4Life was founded in 2018 and relies completely on volunteers and generous donations of people throughout the country who have given generously to causes in including SabrinasRide4Life - a 3,000km bicycle ride from Adelaide to Darwin to raise funds for the Black Dog Institute, Dinner Under the Stars, High Tea Shoe Sale. In 2018 it received a $10,000 grant from the NT Department of Health as part of the Suicide Prevention Grants to establish the Bereaved by Suicide Support Group NT. This is no longer funded but continues to be self funded by SR4L. In 2018 it also received a Community Benefit Fund grant from the Department of Attorney General and Justice to fund our website development, a Suicide Prevention Forum and creation of a service directory. We have successfully achieved these projects.
We exist to save lives and help reduce the emotional pain experienced by those who are bereaved by suicide and support those who are caring for someone who has suicidal ideations or distressed at a particular point in time. This also involves referring people to the appropriate organisations or professionals.
Donations are used in the following ways:
- Charles Darwin University Sabrina Di Lembo Memorial Scholarship generally awarded to a student enrolled in a Bachelor or Masters in Psychology.
- Speakers and general support operations for our BBSSGNT monthly peer led support group meeting.
- Young persons Healthy Mind awards to promote Health & Well Being and reduce the stigma of mental distress in young people (not yet established due to funds).
- Lead the organisation of World Suicide Prevention Day events each year such as WSPD Breakfast seminar, WSPD Forum 2020.
- Establish a support "Warmline" run by peers with lived experience for people in early stages of distress and bereaved by suicide.
- Design a memorial / reflection garden "Garden of Hope" for our bereaved community and those coming into the NT nationally and internationally.
- Attendance at local and national events to contribute in suicide prevention and postvention such as World Suicide Prevention Day, RUOK, World Suicide Survivors Loss Day.
Every dollar donated goes directly to support one of our key initiatives.
The account details are:
Peoples Choice Credit Union
SR4L Donation / Your Name
(Receipts will be issued upon verification of donation transfer into the SR4L account)
You can also download a Donation Form
Thank you for your support!